Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Building Codes in Haiti: Soft Bigotry of Lives Worth Less?


From dailykos.com...

"I have nightmares about the faces in photographs this week. Pleading eyes trapped in rubble. Eyes shut forever. A limb sticking out from a ton of concrete. I can't imagine what it must be like on the ground in Port-au-Prince as anguished cries for help have, by the fifth day, largely fallen silent and been replaced by the stench of death. I couldn't be part of a decision whether to continue picking through collapsed concrete to reach living people, or bring out bulldozers to haul away rubble regardless of what -- or who -- is still part of it. (Photo credit: LA Times)

And as I view the photographs, I want to scream: where is the rebar?"

Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.